New Hire Student Employee Toolkit

Issue / Question
Instructions and guidelines for new Student employee hires. 
  • What does a new Student employee need to sign?
  • Where can a student employee get hiring forms?
  • Platform
    • ITS hires
  • Audience Affected
    • Student employees
Note: All documentation will need to be processed by Human Resources before you are able to start your first day of work.
  • Complete background check process
    • Note: Email will be sent from a company named HireRite
    • Give electronic authorization as soon as you receive the documentation
  • Visit Human Resources to complete
    • Federal and Idaho W-4
    • I-9
    • Note: International Students will also need to provide an I04 and I20. A Social Security Number (SSN) is also required. If you do not have an SSN, contact the International Programs Office
    • Selective Service Agreement
    • Affirmative Action
  • ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​Complete Direct Deposit Form
  •  Email the IT Business Office to let them know that all tasks have been completed 
Note: New employee forms can be completed at the following locations:
  • Pocatello Campus: Administration Building, Room 312, 921 S. 8th Avenue, (208-282-2517)
  • Idaho Falls Campus: University Programs, Bennion Student Union, 1784 Science Center Drive, Karen Larsen, (208) 282-7865)
After all forms are completed and processed you will receive an email with details regarding your first day of work. 

Please get in touch with the IT Service Desk for additional assistance.
 (208) 282-4357 or Go to chat


Article ID: 129071
Mon 3/1/21 2:48 PM
Fri 5/20/22 7:39 AM